Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The International Man of Nuttery

David Shayler gets an oddball treatment in a Liverpool newspaper:

Talking to him was incredibly interesting – and not just because he reckons he could be bumped off by dark forces at any time, thereby becoming the UK’s own Alexander Litvinenko.

We spoke on the ‘phone because, well, you can’t be too careful. I certainly wouldn’t fancy getting in a car with him – he says he has suffered three suspicious, potentially-fatal road accidents, in 1997 (driver fell asleep), 2002 (rear tyre exploded) and 2005 (dodgy brakes).


Asked about the no-planes quote, he at first denies it:

He has even been quoted (out of context, he protests) in a magazine saying: “Yes, I believe no planes were involved in 9/11 . . . The only explanation is that they were missiles surrounded by holograms made to look like planes . . . Watch the footage frame by frame and you will see a cigar-shaped missile hitting the World Trade Centre.”


And in the next breath endorses it:

“What I am still saying is go onto the internet and look at the footage . . . people have had a go at me saying there were no planes but there is little evidence to show that jets went into the buildings. I’m entitled to say they didn’t and something else did . . . You can make some accurate calculations from Newton’s laws of motion.”


The reporter makes a pretty good joke about Loose Change:

Short Changed, a documentary about 9/11 made by a group of Americans, will be shown at the Casa and then followed by talks by Shayler and Machon on state terrorism and the aims of the 9/11 Truth Movement.


Well even if it's not intended as a joke, it still cracked me up.

And humble? Let me tell you Uriah Heep's got nothing on David Shayler:

Shayler, who worked in MI5’s political and counter-terrorism departments in the early 1990s, says: “I’m not trying to blow my own trumpet but the credibility I add to the movement is enormous.”


Snicker! Snort! Shayler's MI5 background will be a plus to those on his side; the rest will of course assume he's an infiltrator and denounce him.

David Shayler is 41. But will he reach 42? He says: “I believe in a higher power. I have no fear of death” – which may be just as well, as he claims: “There have been three attempts on my life in car crashes – two when I was an atheist” (he now practices Kabbalah, described as the world’s oldest body of spiritual wisdom).

7 Comments:

At 23 January, 2007 23:11, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not at all surprised that a truther would pick up on Kabbalah. What is it with these people that leads them to the most absurd things? I'm positive that all truthers are missing a specific part of their brain.

 
At 24 January, 2007 06:24, Blogger The Artistic Macrophage said...

We should rename them the anencephalics.

TAM

 
At 24 January, 2007 07:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how much he has to pay the guy who starts his car in the morning. Plus, the food taster must set him way back.

 
At 24 January, 2007 10:30, Blogger Alex said...

Gee, how could I possibly say no to such a tempting offer. Will there be someone there to repeatedly bludgeon us in the balls with a frozen mukluk? Because that would be the ultimate in fun!

 
At 24 January, 2007 13:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy, I have a question. Is this party also going to be a BYOL(Bring your on laptop), so we can click on thousands of times the videos Terrorstorm, 911 Mysteries, Loose Change, etc? I think we could make a significant statement if we passed Baby Fart in the Google Top 100 Videos.

 
At 24 January, 2007 13:35, Blogger What Would Grape Ape Do? said...

Like, hey Troy? I'm not into the whole hash thing, is it OK if I just huff some glue?

 
At 24 January, 2007 18:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayler, who worked in MI5’s political and counter-terrorism departments in the early 1990s

Wow, looks like it was a pretty short career.

[Shayler] says: “I’m not trying to blow my own trumpet but the credibility I add to the movement is enormous.”

I love these clowns that have such an inflated sense of their own importance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home