Sunday, June 20, 2010

Iowa Troof Group Gets Profiled

Interesting article, perhaps a shade too sympathetic to the kooks.

Michalek, a retired teacher, probation officer, truck driver, farmer and military veteran, said he lies in bed wondering how he can make people understand that, whatever happened, 9/11 cries out for further investigation.

"I wake up at 3 in the morning," he said, "asking myself: How can I better reach people? How can I change minds? For me it was easy. I knew the government lied to me about Vietnam, because I was there."


You might start with being a tad more selective in terms of the videos you distribute:

Spread out on a table was a small video library. Dave Scar, 58, of Woodward, said he's made 11,000 copies of various titles. Simply ask and ye shall receive.

Beginners, Scar said, might want to begin with "Loose Change" then work their way to "Zero: 9/11" or "911 in Plane Site" or "Blueprint for Truth" or "9/11 Mysteries."


In Plane Site? Sheesh, we get accused of only covering the disinfo if we talk about that movie. And 9-11 Mysteries, the movie that was inspired by a Holocaust Denier?

As always, the real kookery comes out in the comments.

12 Comments:

At 20 June, 2010 21:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat, you forgot to thank the man for his military service in your post.

 
At 20 June, 2010 22:10, Anonymous paul w said...

In Plane Sight?

I thought that was a mockumentary?

 
At 21 June, 2010 00:08, Blogger GuitarBill said...

Paul W wrote, "...I thought that was a mockumentary?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was a crockumentary.

%^)

 
At 21 June, 2010 00:24, Anonymous paul w said...

It's too intentionally funny to be a crockumentary.

Humor is the key.

 
At 21 June, 2010 07:17, Blogger Unknown said...

"Another wondered how John O'Neal really died."

John O'Neill died in a terrorist atrocity perpetrated by a bunch of barbaric subhuman slime operating under the name of al Qaeda.

We should never forget just how offensive this conspiracy bullshit is. When you think of what O'Neill achieved in his life and the manner of his death, but no...Some Midwestern quibbler has seen Loose Change. He has his doubts. He wakes up in a cold sweat at 3 a.m. in torment over how he can reach a wider audience with his ridiculous proselytizing nanothermite waffle.

If he realised that nobody gives a shit, he'd sleep better.

 
At 21 June, 2010 07:28, Blogger TANSTAAFL said...

I make that four jobs the guy lost.

Wonder why?

 
At 21 June, 2010 16:22, Anonymous Patrick from Cincinnati said...

I thought the following was a parody until I saw her other videos (and silly me - I forgot that you can't parody these people).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YrEOo-7x2M

 
At 21 June, 2010 18:56, Blogger Unknown said...

That video is beyond belief. You couldn't make it up if you tried, eg, she says she's "trying to educate my community through satire."

Apparently "concepts are processed through the Chakra system." If Griffin ever runs out of ideas, he could explore this fascinating new approach to 9/11.

 
At 25 June, 2010 12:34, Blogger Jen Frankel said...

It would be easier to read the criticisms of various 9/11 conspiracies without the snide tone of the blog. I understand that these are your personal commentaries as much as an indictment of the facts, but I came here seeking serious 9/11 debunking, not slander. I'm still looking for a conspiracy debunking website that treats the material with the respect a serious discourse deserves.

You may also want to correct the reference to John O'Neill in your Loose Change article as "Paul O'Neill."

 
At 25 June, 2010 19:26, Blogger Triterope said...

I'm still looking for a conspiracy debunking website that treats the material with the respect a serious discourse deserves.

Okay. First, you need to acquire a time machine.

 
At 26 June, 2010 01:22, Blogger GuitarBill said...

Yo Jen da troofer,

Ever heard of a search engine?

Oh, my bad. A search engine is beyond your "skill set." Right?

And remember, I'm just askin' questions...

 
At 26 June, 2010 13:29, Blogger GuitarBill said...

Jen da troofer dissembles, "...I understand that these are your personal commentaries as much as an indictment of the facts, but I came here seeking serious 9/11 debunking, not slander. I'm still looking for a conspiracy debunking website that treats the material with the respect a serious discourse deserves."

What's this, Jen da troofer?

Source: SLC: Box Boy BUSTED lying about HiEx Technologies wireless detonation system.


Now, I have a question for you, Jen da troofer: Since when do habitual liars deserve "respect"?

And remember, cretin, I'm just askin' questions...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home